The George dates from Tudor times (1530s) and was recorded as an Inn in 1729. Later it became a coaching inn on what was a main route from London to Brighton.
Now a Grade II listed building, the hotel retains many of its original features, with a cosy interior, original wooden beams and an inglenook fireplace.
Doors at the side of the hotel car park show the former stabling area. Note the Tudor brickwork on the right side of Greenfield House.